- Binod successfully defended his MS thesis. Congratulations Binod! He will start his PhD in soil science at the University of Illinois in spring 2018.
- Yaqiong Fan from China Agricultural University Joined our lab as visiting scholar, welcome Yaqiong.
- Rajan participated Soil Health Meeting at St. Louis, MO and established some collaborations.
- Mikayla started her summer research at ASC Clovis, welcome Mikayla!
- Rajan co-authored two book chapters in a book published this month: Advances in Dryland Farming in the Inland Pacific Northwest. Its available free for download each chapter or whole book http://extension.wsu.edu/publications/pubs/em108/.
- Rajan co-authored an article published in Field Crops Research: Root biomass, root/shoot ratio, and soil water content under perennial grasses with different nitrogen rates. Full text is available at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378429017301132
- Graduate students are at ASC Clovis for summer.
- Soil testing and farmers training conducted on 'Integrated Nutrient and Pest Management in Nepal as a part of USAID-Horticulture Innovation Lab-funded Project to CARD-Nepal.
- Binod Ghimire presented his research at the 9th NeSA International Conference at Las Cruses this weekend. All the best Binod!
- Rajan Published an article on Crop and Soil Magazine, Soil acidity limits wheat yield in dryland regions of the Inland Pacific Northwest. Full paper was published in Agronomy Journal https://dl.sciencesocieties.org/publications/cns/abstracts/50/2/14
- Long-time collaborator Nabin Rawal from Nepal Agriculture Research Council Published a paper based on their work on rice-based cropping system. Rajan co-authored the paper http://www.nepjol.info/index.php/IJASBT/article/view/17001
- Rajan joined a scientific committee of 2nd International Conference on Mountains in the Changing World, 27-28 October 2017. More info: http://conference.kias.org.np/
- Soil sampling and spring cover crop planting completed.